I was considering the two title possibility, but I couldn't think of a title for both, so I just wrote on the whiteboard "Worth Ryder Remixed" or "Worth Ryder Re-imagined". We could add "remixed" or "re-imagined" to any other describer for our space.
I like the word remix to describe our show because it's a word that's affiliated with music, and our pieces are (I hope!) harmoniously hanging out together! Also, I like the word remix because we are essentially remixing the front half of the show in the back. I think its more flattering than "mullet", which I love as a private inside strategy that we're implementing behind the scenes, but I'd like it to not be included in the title because no one will get it except us.
Anyhow, both of those words, remixed and re-imagined have to do with transformation. And I have been thinking and working with the idea of transformation as a general backdrop for my contribution.
Speaking of backdrops, I have an idea for the "Diva Wall" that hopefully you folks will like. Nick was discussing a while ago about some tiles scales that could cover a wall. I was thinking that if we made a template, say 1/2 foot by 1 foot, we could all make a scale for the wall out of a material affiliated with our contributions, or make it however we want in the shape of a scale of that size. Then, we could distribute the scales randomly between standard wooden scales (or whatever material) rainbow fish style:
(each of our scales would be like the sparkly ones.)
except they'll be horizontal like shingles. Tell me what you think I can't fill the wall by myself without painting it, and I don't really want to paint it.
See you tomorrow!
-K@
Check this out K@. This is a piece of Swoon's installation. It has that scale shingle effect that I think you're going for.
ReplyDeletehttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2063/2272768756_5ef7bcc327_o.jpg